AUTHOR: Julia TITLE: Garden Updates: Emerging Sun DATE: 7/27/2008 10:44:00 AM ----- BODY:
After a week of torrential downpours, capped off by overnight showers… you can imagine my delight when I peered out the window this morning to notice a sunflower standing bright.

In other joyful, garden news, I will likely harvest this week:

eggplant,








kohlrabi,


tomatoes (I can see the first blush of ripeness, can’t you??),

and

cauliflower

And to season, lots of basil, scallions and tarragon.

Labels:

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) DATE:7/27/2008 05:09:00 PM Hooray -- so much to harvest from the garden! I can just imagine the happy sight of that sunflower, too. The deer usually get to mine before they flower, and having all of the beheaded stalks in the garden was so depressing that I no longer plant sunflower seeds. Ah, well... ----- --------