AUTHOR: Julia TITLE: IQF Goodness DATE: 3/12/2010 09:50:00 AM ----- BODY:
No, I haven’t lost my marbles. And yes, I realize that the chocolate chip cookie dough balls are rather close together. But I’m not baking them now. I’m making my own “IQF” cookies. I put the cookie sheet in the freezer. When the dough balls are frozen, I’ll transfer them to a Ziploc bag.

Then, whenever I want cookies, I can pop just two in the oven. Fresh baked cookies on a whim… limit temptation by only baking a few at a time.  What could be better??

This recipe, when normally prepared, bakes for 10 minutes at 375F.  When the cookie dough balls are frozen, I bake them for 12-14 minutes at 350F instead.


Labels: ,

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous noble pig DATE:3/12/2010 11:08:00 AM Yep, restraint...it's perfect because if there is a trya of cookies, I'll eat them. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger Psychgrad DATE:3/12/2010 02:42:00 PM That's way smarter than my strategy....which is to bake them and then freeze them. It requires more forethought and effort to bake them than to just let them thaw out a little bit (or eat them frozen, depending on my level of desperation). ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) DATE:3/12/2010 08:53:00 PM I definitely have to use this system -- because I'll eat every single fresh baked chocolate chip cookie that comes out of the oven. Ingenious! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Sarah @ Semi-Sweet DATE:3/14/2010 09:14:00 AM This is a great idea, and I always have the best of intentions when doing it myself . . . but then those frozen balls of cookie dough call from the freezer "eat me!" I can't keep myself away . . . so I'm still just a make & bake girl. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types DATE:3/14/2010 12:08:00 PM Single-serve cookies! What a great idea! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Oui, Chef DATE:3/15/2010 10:51:00 PM What a great idea, IFC cookies. I'm afraid I could never just bake-off two of them though .... you have such discipline! - S ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Sylvie in Rappahannock DATE:3/24/2010 10:46:00 AM oooh Julia, you such a smart girl... that'd work for parties too.... ----- --------