The main meal, which coincidentally was gluten-free, manifested itself into:
Arugula, Tomatoes and Cucumber, Simply Dressed with Basil, Lemon and Olive Oil
Creamed Corn – the surprise hit of the night
Tortilla Española with Homemade Smoked Tomato Ketchup
Ginger Marinated Salmon with a Vietnamese Coconut Crepe and Radish Salad
And to top it off, Mint Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Ice Creams from Christina’s.
(Makes 16 8” crepes)
1/2 Pound Rice Flour
2 Ounces Corn Starch
1 ½ Cups Coconut Milk
1 Cup Water
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Teaspoons Turmeric
4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
1 Pound Carrots, Peel, Julienned Or Shredded
6 Red Radishes, Julienned Or Shredded
½ Cup Mint Leaves, Julienned
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Cup Vinegar
1 Cup Sugar
Pinch Chili Flakes
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1. Combine corn starch, rice flour, salt and turmeric in a bowl. Stir in eggs, coconut milk and water. Add more water if the batter is too thick, more rice flour if too thin.
2. Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high flame. Add 1 tbs. of oil, or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add 1/3 cup batter to pan, swirl around to create a thin layer.
3. Cook crepe until crepe is crispy and brown on the bottom. Fold crepe in half. Repeat process with remaining batter.
1. Mix carrots and radish with salt and let rest for ½ hour, or until carrots are soft. Add mint.
2. Combine remaining ingredients for sauce in a stainless steel sauce pot. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat
3. Combine carrots/radish with sauce.
4. Serve crepes with salad.
Labels: celiac, CSA, farmers market, gluten-free, locavore, recipes----- --------