TITLE: Spicy Pork Tenderloin
DATE: 12/01/2008 01:51:00 PM
In a previous life, I must have been Chinese. My refrigerator shelves are loaded with different soy sauces, chili pastes, bean sauces and a host of other condiments necessary for many of my favorite recipes. I’m just as happy to whip up a spicy pork stir-fry as I am Chicken Picatta on an idle Tuesday. And I rarely tire of the flavors – even after three weeks in China eating “authentic” food 2 meals a day.
With a well stocked pantry, most Chinese recipes are easy to execute. The condiments I don’t have in the refrigerator, I have in the garden: ginger, scallions and celery.
Spicy Pork Tenderloin
1 pork tenderloin, cut into thin slices
1 egg white, beaten
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
½ teaspoon salt
¾ tsp. sugar
2 tsp. double dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon Shao-Hsing wine
2 tablespoons sweet bean sauce
1 tablespoon Lan Chi chili garlic paste (more or less to taste)
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
1 tbs. chopped ginger
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 stalk celery
3 scallions diced.
1 tablespoon plain oil
1. Marinate pork with egg white, tapioca, salt and sugar.
2. Combine ingredients for sauce.
3. Heat a large skillet or wok over high flame. Add pork slices and cook until golden brown. Add garlic, ginger, and celery and stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Add sauce and continue cooking until pork is cooked through. It maybe be necessary to add a tablespoon of water or chicken stock if the sauce gets too thick. Add scallions
5. Serve with steamed rice and sautéed mustard greens.
Labels: Chinese, pork, recipes
DATE:12/01/2008 04:34:00 PM
i'm the same way, i could eat asian food every day for the rest of my life and i never tire of it.
AUTHOR: white on rice couple
DATE:12/02/2008 01:11:00 AM
Those are a good variety to play with.
When it comes to Viet food, don't forget the FISH SAUCE!!
DATE:12/02/2008 06:15:00 PM
Krysta, there's just so much variety, isn't there?
White on rice, I have the fish sauce too! though I tend to cook Chinese style more than Thai or Viet style...