AUTHOR: Julia TITLE: Buy Local Challenge DATE: 7/08/2009 03:25:00 PM ----- BODY:
"I pledge to eat at least one thing from a local farm every day during Buy Local Week!"

Join me in this challenge: All you have to do to take the challenge is commit to eating local during Buy Local Week (July 18 - 26 in 2009).

Why is buying local so important?


When you buy local, you help to ensure that the benefits of our farms survive for many years to come.

Can you take the challenge?

For more information on the Buy Local Challenge, click here.

Psst, pass it on.

Labels:

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger Katie DATE:7/08/2009 07:34:00 PM I'm definitely in! I'll be in Chicago for the first few days, but this will be the perfect excuse for me to check out the farmers' markets there :). I'll try to spread the word around, too. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types DATE:7/09/2009 09:01:00 AM Great idea! I'm going to give it my best shot. I have a friend who always challenges me on why local is better. I'm sending her your excellent list. ----- --------